12 January, 2009

When I Fall in Love.......

When I fall in love it will be forever
Or I'll never fall in love
In a restless world like this is
Love is ended before its begun
And too many moonlight kisses
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun
When I give my heart it will be completely
Or I'll never give my heart
And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you

I soooo love this song! Maybe because it tells a lot of things about me.Or maybe because it's the principle that I stand for until now. Inspite of the pressure, the why's and why not's of the people around me regarding my "singleness", I am still not bothered at all! I do admit though that from time to time, I get this feeling of longingness to have a "significant other" in my life however, it does not last for long.
Sometimes, I am thinking, maybe the Lord blessed me with celibacy. I am not so sure yet though because until now, there are no clear indications from Him yet. At this point, there is only one thing I am sure of, that is, whether single or married, I can very happy. You know why? because the God who gives joy to those who are married is the same God who gives joy to those who are single. And I really praise God for that!
For many single women in general, the standard in choosing a mate gets lower as they get older. But for me, the older I get, higher standards are being set! :-) This is because I learn more about God and relationships. A woman's "age" or "biological clock" should not be reasons for her to settle for the second best!
The Lord has been faithful in giving me the patience to wait and I know that in love, WAITING = REWARD, MORE JOY, LESS PAIN, MORE TRUST, LESS DOUBT, MORE LOVE AND RESPECT, NO REGRETS!
May God answer my one prayer eversince, and that is, for Him to allow my first to be my last!
Oh man, what a day it will be! One day soon, I will have my own story to tell :-) *wink*wink*

3 comments:

  1. I like the personal touch of feeling (whatever that means) in your blog. I'll add you on the 'blogs I follow', hope it's okay.

    Cheers
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi anna! we almost have the same name! hehehe thanks for adding me. my blog may not make a lot of sense sometimes, so I ask that you please bear with me! i'm am very new to this blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate..Ive tried readingt this part..and your right..i dont care if im 30 plus next year..I still want the best for me..lets not settle for the 2nd best..:-)

    ReplyDelete