04 January, 2009

HIGHLIGHTS OF MY LIFE IN 2008

My 2008 was a year full of excitement, risk and challenges. A year full of first, of total independence, patience and sacrifice as I live and work far away from home. But in spite of all these, God was with me THROUGH IT ALL!
Let me share with you the highlights of my life for the year that just passed.

First New Year in Singapore (Marina Bay) (January 1, 2008) - celebrated with 4 of my friends, Nona, Beng, Gerald and Ice; we stayed until 5am that day to welcome 2008;had my very first sip of Starbucks Coffee courtesy of Gerald and we just had a long chit-chat. It was fun!)

Chinese New Year (February 6, 2008) – I went to China Town with Nona and Ivy; it was my first time to experience Chinese New Year in Singapore; I love their Chingay Parade where lots of presentations from different schools and communities were showcased. The fireworks display at Chinatown was also very nice and we enjoyed loitering around the street where all confetti’s were scattered. The best thing was that there were a lot of cheap items to buy.The prices dropped to 80% off.! Almost like a give-away!

In the middle of the street at China Town after the fireworks

Tales Of Spring (Feb 18, 2008) – Flowers, Flowers, Flowers! …still part of Chinese New Year Celebration, Sentosa was field with beautiful decorative flowers all over! Very Nice!

Way Back into Love CCF Post Valentine Event (Feb 24, 2008) - It was fun dressing up; inspiration through singing and personal testimonies were given by Felichi and her husband.
CCF Connecting the Dots Retreat (March 21-22) – Held at Sofitel Hotel Malaysia, I met a lot of very nice single men and women on this event. I also had a handful of wisdom and inspiration from our speaker Pastor Dennis.
East Coast BBQ Party (March 2, 2009) – a "pig-out" for our chinese colleagues and bosses; a very memorable event for me because I got so tired cooking.I can’t believe I cooked 7 Filipino dishes within 2 hours! Record-breaking! dami food!!!! yum, yum!

ACTS 5th Year Anniversary at Boso-Boso (May 1, 2008) – I miss my team so much; with all the hardwork for Camp, they truly deserve this treat from mother hen! SWIM, EAT and HAVE FUN!
Botbydblud GET TOGETHER at Astoria (May 2 – 3, 2008) – After 6 months of being away, I’ve met with them again. We really had fun eating, sharing stories and taking lots and lots and lots of pictures!
Alvin and Diane’s Wedding (May 3, 2008) - Wow! It was really a beautiful wedding! I was really glad I flew back home just for it.CCF Singapore 2nd Year Anniversary (May 25, 2008) – another first for me...... a very memorable one because in all my years in Theater, this was the first time I danced TAMBOURINE! It was not my forte at all, but I did it for the Lord!

VSA Kite Flying Activity (July 28, 2008) - this was one voluntary work I did in Singapore for special children. I was chosen to be one of the team leaders and I really had fun working with different people. The kids were all adorable! There were games and kite painting competition. My team got 80% of the awards including the champion, 1st, and 2nd runner ups! It was really great spending time with kids! I soooo love them dearly!
Grand Prix UOB D&D at Suntec City(August 23, 2008) – such a big event for Delivery Channels Division of UOB. Great food, great raffle items and again, a great experience for me to represent our call center in all the meetings to make this event a reality.


Bintan Trip (August 25-29) - I would say this is the best gift I had ever received last year from the Lord. It was my birthday and I had the privilege to go to Bintan Lagoon Resort Indonesia with some of my friends for 5 long days! A first for me in Indonesia, my first to wear bathing suit, my first to ride a banana boat, my first to drive a buggy etc. etc. I even had my haircut there! It was truly memorable!


Trip to Johor Bahru Malaysia (Oct 6, 2008) - My kind-hearted Chinese friend Esther volunteered to bring us to Malaysia for a road trip, food trip, shopping and sight-seeing. We went to Kota Tinggi Waterfalls Resort and visited some of the malls as well. I will never forget the long ride going there; It took us 3 hours to get to JB simply because we were lost within Singapore! hahaha
Trip to Cebu – Bantayan Island, a paradise on its own, I highly recommend this as a "must visit" place when you go to Cebu. I will also not forget my Karaoke session with the Padins and the Tubod Spring Water trip with my Cebu Kiddos.


SPA and BOTBYDBLUD Get Together (Nov 8, 2008) - If there was one thing that made my October trip to the Philippines all worth it, it will be my SPA moments with my girlfriends and dinner with them. It became even more significant having seen Frances and getting reconciled with her. Aside from this, I was happy to see Digi joined us too.We were almost complete, if only Alvin and Diane made it. But then again, We're Happy Together!!!! :-)

CCF Christmas Party (Dec 13, 2008) - Another first for me --- to direct an MTV which was a CCF Christmas competition. Our team won the "Best Actress" and "Best in Originality" awards. It was fun working with Pasir Ris d-group. Everyone did cooperate!



I also find the visits of my friends from Manila as very sweet and memorable. I had my former TeleTech officemate Bendo, my TeleTech Buddy Marsha and ofcourse my very close friend Ades. I also got to spend plenty of time with Zarah and Tina when they were here. I hope I can see all of them again soon!

Before the year ended, my housemates and I were able to host a Christmas party for our friends. We really laugh our hearts out during our exchange gift. The food was overflowing and even the visitors. he, he, he, There were even people we never knew that came to join us because they have nowhere to go and spend Christmas with.

I am thankful to the Lord that this year, our home has been a blessing to a lot of people here in Singapore. And my prayer is that through our simple gifts of goodness, acts of kindness and hospitality, they may see Jesus in us. And that one day soon, we may be able to share his gift of salvation to each one of them. All glory and praise to Him who deserve nothing but the best!

And for those who have played a significant part of my life in 2008, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
To Beng and Jade - Thank you for being not just my housemate but my friends and sisters in Christ. Thank you for all the reminders, love and care. I am very grateful that I live in the same house as you guys do, the Lord is really good, HE made our strengths and weaknesses compliment each other! I love you both!
To Ice - I have seen you grow and have been with you in most of your ups and downs. We have prayed, worked, laughed and travelled together. We have fought and argued many times, but the fact remains that through the years, we will always be here for each other. Thank you for the many things you have taught me. For the respect and love. It may not be as obvious all the time, but I truly want the best for you. I want you to know that I am praying for you and I will always believe that because you have Jesus in your heart, you will OVERCOME! I love you Ice! Muah!
To ACTS STAFF (Albert, Erwin, Fiona and Lain) - Thank you for taking care of our team while I am away. Mother Hen maybe far away, but I want you to know that you guys are always in my prayers. I apologize if a lot of times I am too straight forward regarding your "lovelife" or if I never agree with whoever you chooses as the apple of your eye. It is not that I do not want you to be happy, I just simply think relationship is not what you need at the moment because you are still studying. But then again, the last choice will always be yours. Just remember, "If you love someone, you will learn how to wait". I love you guys!
To Weng and Tonie - Thank you for all the support, love and prayers. Thank you for always making me feel that you are always there for me; for lending your ears and responding to my sometimes non-sense e-mails!hehehe Among anyone else, you two really know me well inside and out. And I thank you that you remain to be a friend to me inspite of all the good and bad things you discovered about me. I thank God everytime I remember both of you. I love you both!
To Jen and Chie - Thank you for always remembering me, for missing and loving me all th time. love yah!
To Beverly, Cat, Antonette, Jaja and Lei - You guys have been such great friends! Thank you for all the support, the laughter and lots of memorable moments. It is because of you that's why I am still able to smile during stressful times at work. I hope our friendship will go a long way.
To Esther - Mah, you really have made a difference in my life. I never thought I will get close to a chinese girl like you. You have been an inspiration to me as to how dedicated you have been to your work. And now that you are starting to have your own family, I am sure you will continue to do a good job of being a wife and a mom to your future kids. I will miss you dearly as you go back again to Finland but I am sure distance will never ever be a hindrance to a sincere friendship like what we have. I love you mah!
To my sister Eden - How can I ever survive 2008 without your help? Thank you for doing all my errands last year. I know it has been very stressful for our family in terms of finances when I left (or even up to now I supposed, hehehe) But by God's grace, we will overcome all our concern on finances soon. Thank you for taking care of papa and mama and even Bong and Tito. I pray that more and more, the Lord may bring you more wisdom, more love, patience and understanding. That you may learn to forget all the hurts and learn on how to forgive easily.May this year be a year of "homecoming" of you to HIM:-) Lav ya sis!
To all who have made my 2008 a memorable year, GOD BLESS YOU!
I pray that you may continue to live a life of abundance, good health and a life full of love.
Happy New Year Everyone!

7 comments:

  1. tsk.tsk.tsk..gagawa na rin ako ng ganito..mamaya pag uwi ko galing china town..sisimulan ko ng magpaka adik dito..hehehehe..well i guess i have to buy my own camera..hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh..meron na rin pala akong blogger..di ko pa lang naayos..hahhaa..ng dahil dito..mag update na rin ako..tsk.tsk.tsk..ang ganda te..iloveeeeeeee it...i guess i have to buy my own camera na rin bday gift ko para sa sarili ko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ate Ana! Welcome to the blogging world. Thanks for including me in your first entry. Thank you also for being a great blessing to me and Digi. I miss you so much! I love you too! Happy blogging. Muah! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness Tchr A... What do you mean blogging/writing is not your thing... eh ang haba ng first entry mo! hahaha! Well done my dear... may future ka!
    Congrats and keep it up, "blogger!"

    T.Joy R (remember me?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi teacher Joy! Ofcourse I remember you, ikaw pa! musta ka?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha, I found your blog! It is very nice! So many lovely pictures. Ako, sobrang tamad mag-post ng photos. Buti na lang mahaba yung bakasyon nitong Pasko, so post ako nang post ng pics.

    Darling Ana, I am so glad we're friends again. So many beautiful memories I have include you so I am the stupidest person in the world to just shut you out of my life. Now, I'm glad that the lovely memories can continue to be made. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Na! Thank you so much for your very warm and sweet message. :)

    "Subok na matibay, subok na matatag," that's how I can describe our friendship. 20 years of friendship na pala tayo.... :)

    God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete