07 June, 2009

I wish I was a child like that!

Matthew 18
The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven
1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2He called a little child and had him stand among them.
3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
It was a Sunday morning, I went to church and was very excited because Pastor JP is preaching again. I really enjoyed the messages he shared during our 2 day retreat on SINGLES MAX - Living Life to the Max!
I sat third row from the front of the theatre where I would always do together with my housemate. During Praise and Worship, I saw this little girl Revekah, (we call her "vecky" in Sunday School) dancing with all her might as we praise and sing "One Way" to our Lord Jesus Christ. This little sweetheart is just around 5 years old and was on the very front row of the theatre. I smiled as I sang and told the Lord, "bless the little children who come and worship you like that little girl infront, I wish I was a child like that!".
As the worship progressed, this little girl didn't stop. She was swaying her arms, raising it up and down, kneeling,bending, bowing down; basically doing her own interpretative dance on all the worship songs being sang. I was amazed at her passion and creativity! At one point, I was soooooo tempted to run beside her and just dance with her for all I care!!!! hahaha
As I continued to watch, I told the Lord, "I wish all the people of God in all ages can just freely worship Him just like that. No inhibitions, no fears, no ifs and buts......... and again, I wish I was a child like that"!
You know, children are amazing!
They teach us a lot of things - more that we can ever imagine! They are innocent, pure, void of malice, transparent, contented, humble, obedient, trustworthy, dependent............... (deep sigh)
I wish I was a child like that.................
Because at this point of my life,
A child-like faith is what I need.
A child-like humility is what I long for.
A child-like surrender is what I need to do.
I wish I am Vecky.
I wish I was a child like that.......
"Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment